Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kids, Knowing, and Creativity

Following Jordan's blog post on Three Beautiful Things, I've starting following the TBT blog daily and have also decided to do a library edition.

1. Kids
- When I started school again in January, I took over the Cybercamp on Saturday's. Now for those of you who aren't familiar with Cybercamp: it's 1 hour of learning and fun for kids (and me!). For the most part, I have the regular kid, who I've gotten to know, and look forward to hanging out with on Saturday's. Every week his dad brings him in, and tells me how much fun the boy is having and how great of a job I'm doing. I won't lie, this makes me feel great. It makes everything worthwhile.

2. Knowing
- Part of my job is helping people on the computer. We have a fair amount of patrons that aren't as tech saavy as the majority of our staff here, and it always feels good when I have helped someone after they've stared at the computer screen for a good 10 minutes trying to figure out a solution to their issue. It makes it even better when I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing either, and we solve the issue together! Yeah teamwork! But it's always a beautiful thing to know the answers to things. Who doesn't love feeling smart? (the glasses help the smart look too hehe)

3. My favourite part of the job that has grown since starting, is allowing my creativity to blossom. I get to be creative when it comes to writing this blog, making my cybercamp, doing posters, and especially painting the windows. I have come to love making excuses to paint on the windows.

There you have it, Lisa's 3 Beautiful Things. What are your favourite beautiful library things?

No comments:

Post a Comment