Thursday, February 3, 2011

Killjoy and A Bend in the Road

It’s a relatively quiet day at the library today, (although I’m sure a crowd of people will storm in now just because I wrote that) so I’m taking this rare silence as an opportunity to write the first book blog for the blogging challenge. I posted this challenge in January, and since then I’ve read two books. One of the stipulations of my challenge was, that upon completion of a book, bloggers should write about it. I guess I should be the one to set an example, so I’m going to fill you in on what I thought about Killjoy by Julie Garwood and A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks.

Killjoy – Julie Garwood

This book was a re-read for me, although it’s been a couple years since I read it last. I love the feeling of re-reading books especially when you don’t remember all the events and the final outcome, but you just know it’s a good book! Killjoy is the third book in a series by Julie Garwood, and although I haven’t read the first two yet, I didn’t feel as though I was missing anything when I read it.

I love how creepy this book is! That might sound weird in a way, but the spooky, unpredictable story line Garwood builds is fantastic. It’s amazing how she was able to come up with a lot of the events in this book. Her characters are super memorable too, which is why I’ve started reading the fourth book in this series. If you love a creepy and shocking thriller, read this book. I love it, and honestly, I’m excited to re-read it a couple years in the future and experience the anticipation that this novel creates all over again.

*The Powassan Library has this book, along with some others in the series.

A Bend in the Road – Nicholas Sparks

I finally got around to reading this book, which I received for Christmas. Although it’s been sitting on my shelves for a short period of time, I think this fills the criteria of a book that’s been sitting on my shelf unread as mentioned in the details of the challenge.

This story was good, but definitely not my favourite of Nicholas Sparks’ novels. While the story was exciting, I felt as though parts of it were irrelevant to the final outcome of the book. If you’re not a Nicholas Sparks fan already, don’t venture into his world of overwhelming romance with this novel.

*The Powassan Library has this book, with a copy in large print as well.

If you’ve read either of these books, leave some comments and let me know whether you agreed with my thoughts or totally disagree!

No comments:

Post a Comment