Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

This isn't a book review, trust me, I'm not going to touch this one. Or as it has become to be known as in our library, It. Not a day goes by without someone asking, "Have you read It?" "What did you think of It?" These are just a couple reactions I've gathered from patrons (anonymous patrons of course) about It.

Staff: So, what did you think of it?
Patron: Well, you or I could have written it.
Staff: Uh.....
Patron: I mean the writing! It wasn't well written!

Patron: I wanted to know if you have Fifty Shades of Grey.
Staff: There's a reserve list on it. I can add your name to it.
Patron: Yes, please. I was in earlier but I was too embarrassed to ask Chris to put my name on it. *

*Chris is our only male staff member. It's okay, everyone, we've all signed a confidentially agreement that we won't divulge your book choices.

Patron: OH MY GOODNESS! I flipped through it and I couldn't believe my eyes! Then I flipped a few more pages and I still couldn't believe it!
Staff: Oh yeah, I flipped through it while I was cataloguing it and I was thinking the same.
Patron: Yes, it's outrageous. Could you put my name on the second one, please?

Staff: So what did you think of this one?
Patron: I'm trying to get through it. But it does make you think about that type of lifestyle. I don't know... If I was 35, it might be better.

Well, there you have it folks. It's almost worth reading 'Fifty Shades' just to see what the hype is all about. For the record, we have two copies of the entire series circulating here in the library. Lots of demand for this book!... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment