Saturday, November 26, 2011

House of Night Series

Recently one of my co-workers here at the library recommended that I check out the House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. I’d heard her suggest this Young Adult series to many of our young patrons, so I decided to give it a shot. I’m now on the second book in the series and I’m incredibly anxious to read the rest. If you enjoy Young Adult books or know someone who does, the House of Night series is a must read.
The series opens up with the book Marked in which high school student, Zoey Redbird, is selected to become the latest vampyre fledgling to attend the local vampyre academy, the House of Night. The authors manage to put their own unique twist on what life of a vampire (or in this case vampyre) entails. From what I can tell so far, the series will follow Zoey as she learns more about vampyre life, tries to resist her growing lust for blood, and develops into an adult vampyre.

This book is written from Zoey’s perspective in the typical language a sixteen-year-old girl would use. While this might not be enjoyable for everyone, this was one aspect of the book that actually drew me in, as it makes the series so easy to follow. As I said earlier, I'm really anxious to see which direction this series will take!


Happy Reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment